Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ken's Chicken Angelo

I had never heard of Chicken Angelo until our friend Ken made it for us.   It's a little different than recipes I've found on the internet for Chicken Angelo, that's why I named this Ken's Chicken Angelo.


Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts; cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
2 12oz or 4 6ozjars of quarted, marinated artichoke hearts; drained
2 2.25oz cans of sliced black olives; drained
16oz whole fresh mushrooms sliced 
1 lemon
olive oil
Shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese

Directions:
Coat a deep skillet with olive oil.  Add chicken, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and olives.  Cut lemon in half and squeeze both halves into the pan.  Cook on low about 10-12 minutes.   Serve with pasta and top with the cheese.

Notes:
- You can cut up the chicken and fry it.  I prefer to boil the chicken and then cut it up.
- The recipe originally called for canned mushrooms, but I much prefer fresh mushrooms.
- Ken served this dish with angel hair pasta.  I prefer bow tie pasta.  
- Next time I make this I will probably also add a couple cloves of chopped garlic because garlic is good in everything.  I think a jar of roasted red peppers would also be a nice addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment